Gal 1:6-9 “6I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 7Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”
There’s so much to write about the SDA church, it’s hard to know where to start or how to condense it. It really wasn’t until I went farther into this study (off and on for two years) that I realized how much deception was involved in luring people into this belief. The main focus is that this movement changed the grace and teachings of God and made learning the truth about Christ difficult for sincere followers which, in effect, created another Jesus and another gospel. This is another group that sprang up in the 1800s, had a lead prophet/prophetess that claimed divine inspiration from God and stated that they were the only true church of God. They also claim information was hidden until their time (almost 1800 years after Jesus established His church) and that God revealed them to their prophet only for those members. Anyone outside their organization is damned.
Ellen G. White is respected and revered by Adventists. Her writings have been placed on the level of Divine inspiration as the Holy Bible. Scripture is written by inspiration of God, so if her writings are inspired by God, they actually believe her writings are Biblical or equal to the Bible. As nicely as I can put this, Ellen G. White was a racist, plagiarizing false prophetess that claimed she could transport to other planets & Heaven, her writings were inspired by demons, she consulted with the dead, helped create damnable heresies, took from Jesus’s death on the cross and added works righteousness to assist unsuspecting followers race a path to hell. [“How many that are here present today shall I meet around the great white throne?” – EGW Signs of the Times September 15, 1887. quote The Great White Throne judgment is where the unsaved will be judged and cast into eternal fire! “11And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” – Rev 20:11-15]
Adventists are placing their eternal souls at stake following a woman that was hit in the head with a rock that knocked her unconscious for three weeks and was said to have never received more than a third grade education. Why did an entire generation follow this woman when the Bible clearly teaches a woman is not to usurp authority over a man and try to lead doctrinal teaching because she’s more easily deceived and has a greater chance of being led astray (1 Tim 2:11-15, 2 Tim 3:1-7)? It has been well documented with the organization that great lengths have been taken to cover deception in doctrine changes and practices.
Heb 1:1-4 “1God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds; 3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high: 4Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.” – Prophets were needed in times past before Jesus, but Jesus is the One Who tells what we need to know and paid the price for our sins by Himself – not any additional work we could do.
Fundamental Belief #18 – 18. The Gift of Prophecy:
One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is prophecy. This gift is an identifying mark of the remnant church and was manifested in the ministry of Ellen. G. White . As the Lord’s messenger, her writings are a continuing and authoritative source of truth which provide for the church comfort, guidance, instruction, and correction. They also make clear that the Bible is the standard by which all teaching and experience must be tested. (Joel 2:28, 29; Acts 2:14-21; Heb. 1:1-3; Rev. 12:17; 19:10.) official beliefs
104 Adventist Pastors fired for rejecting the inspiration of Ellen G. White - You’re out if you don’t believe her words.
Romans 13:8-10 “8Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. 9For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 10Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.”
Plagiarism – EGW claimed her writings were inspired by God and of her own writing; however, investigations have shown that she stole/copied/plagiarized up to 90% of her literature. If God is the One doing the inspiring, He won’t have to borrow from secular sources to get a message out. Can a “prophetess of God” be trusted if she is known to be a thief and a liar? – plagiarized works
Jer 23:30-32 “30Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that steal my words every one from his neighbour. 31Behold, I am against the prophets, saith the LORD, that use their tongues, and say, He saith. 32Behold, I am against them that prophesy false dreams, saith the LORD, and do tell them, and cause my people to err by their lies, and by their lightness; yet I sent them not, nor commanded them: therefore they shall not profit this people at all, saith the LORD.”
False Prophetess – Ellen G. White has been placed in the same category as prophets of old. Ellen G. White Let’s see what the Bible has to say about prophets.
– Deut 18:20-22 “20But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.” – A prophet that claims to speak for God has to be 100% accurate! Prophets told who, what, when, where, why and how while admonishing God’s people to repent and turn to Him.
– Matt 24:24-27 “24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
God gave His Word by the prophets and inspired men of God until we had a complete Bible. Jesus had already established His church. Why would He need to wait 1800 years to add to work He already finished? That would ill-equip His apostles so they couldn’t found the early churches properly.
Does Mrs. White Pass the Biblical Tests of a Prophet? – tests of a prophet
Some false prophecies – She supported and informed people that Jesus would return in 1843 and 1844 as William Miller predicted. When those predictions failed, the Investigative Judgment heresy was invented. She also blamed her failed prophecy on Adventists.
– She stated the Civil War would preserve slavery.
– She said the people in 1856 would see the 2nd coming of Jesus.
– She stated the U.S. would be “humbled into the dust” by England during the Civil War.
I’ve read the websites trying to explain that EGW’s prophecies didn’t fail, how her group was different from other Millerites or that she was still human and growing in understanding. What’s the problem with that? Jeremiah was young. God’s prophets spoke with complete clarity so there would be NO misunderstanding about what was going to take place. God does not send vague prophets to hint at what “might” happen if certain unspecified things take place. If she wasn’t sure about everything, she should never have opened her mouth about anything.
Rev 22:18-19 “18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.”
Clear Word Bible
SDAs state the Bible is the inspired Word of God. The Adventists do not interpret the Bible using itself but by the explanations and teachings of Ellen G. White. Scripture does not contradict itself, and God does not change. In order for EGW’s “inspired” words and teachings to be accepted, the Bible itself had to be altered to support her beliefs. That is why the Clear Word Bible (SDA’s dropped the title of “bible” after much controversy arose, but I remember seeing this “bible”) was written and is read only in the SDA church.
The Clear Word Bible – The revised verses were altered to fit their doctrine and changed the meanings. This makes it difficult for those who strive to learn more about God to fully understand His plan and true salvation because their foundation is already damaged. – clear word
The Clear Word Bible
– How do they know this serpent had wings, was beautiful or startled Eve? What history book on earth has this recorded? God told Adam to sacrifice the lamb? All people were twice as large as today or were there giants among the people?
– While people state this is a “paraphrase” and not meant to be a translation, I find it difficult to believe that so much effort would go into changing the words and meanings inside the Bible but no one noticed the giant words on the outside that said “bible” or realized people would see it as a real Bible. What’s worse is that it falls below the quality of the message bible which is new age garbage.
Differences Between the Bibles – How paraphrases/revisions change God’s Word
– Example: Jude 1:9
KJB – “Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.”
CWB – “In contrast to these ungodly men is the Lord Jesus Christ, also called Michael, the archangel in charge of the entire angelic host. When He was challenged by Satan about His intentions to resurrect Moses, He didn’t come against Satan with a blistering attack nor did he belittle him. He simply said, ‘God rejects your claim to his body.'”
SDAs Teach Another Jesus
– Jesus has been identified as part of the Trinity and also Michael the Archangel.
– He stops being our Intercessor which requires us to become sinless.
– He is no longer the sin bearer but satan is the one bearing sins
Michael, like Gabriel & Lucifer, is an archangel and a created being! Jesus cannot be both God from everlasting to everlasting while simultaneously being a creation of His own.
Salvation is believed to be conditional – Jesus’s blood and atonement on the cross is not enough for SDAs. They have added works of keeping the 10 commandments, particularly the Sabbath. Salvation starts with Jesus but is finished by man.
– No Adventist can ever claim to be saved because they must finish the course to find out if they made it.
– one must follow the rules of SDAs to be saved.
– baptism is a requirement for salvation – “Through baptism we are truly born again in Jesus.” – second paragraph from the bottom beliefs
- satan is taught to be the one bearing our sins instead of Jesus “ 28So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” – Heb 9:28
Heresies of SDAs – link
Investigative Judgment – William Miller admitted he was wrong to try to predict Christ’s return in October 1844, but Ellen G. White refused to admit she was wrong. Instead, she claimed 1844 began the Investigative Judgment of Christ to determine who is worthy of His atonement and blotting out of sins. Everyone claiming the name of Christ go under scrutiny of the books. By 1884, it had been happening for 40 years and would soon come to a close. EGW claims Jesus went into the Holy of Holies (the reason no one saw Him return in 1844…He invisibly began judging the world). They claim 1844 was calculated from the Bible prophecies of Daniel. The biggest problem with this is that the Bible never mentions this event. It is completely made up by SDAs and added to the Clear Word Bible so followers will believe it. No other Bible (even the antichrist ones) mention this. (Yes, I was given a copy of The Great Controversy.)
– this is the teaching that those who are dead are basically unconscious and unaware of anything going on around them. They are not destroyed but are not existing in Heaven or hell. The Bible does not indicate that upon death, our souls wait until God decides to send us to Heaven or hell.
Settling the Soul Sleep Controversy – link
– Adventists teach those following their outlines and the 10 commandments are the ones in this group. The Bible states these are Jewish male virgins and lists them by tribe – 12,000 per each of the 12 tribes. 12,000 x 12 = 144,000. The visitor center page of the official website states there are more than 20 million Adventists! Which ones are part of the 144,000? They state this is a symbolic number and that the 12 tribes represent “spiritual Israel,” but they acknowledge the names of the 12 apostles written on the twelve foundations are literal names of the apostles (Rev 7:3-8, Rev 21:12-14). I find it extremely odd that the number of seals is taken literally, the number of churches is taken literally, the number of angels & elders is taken literally, the foundations & walls & gates are taken literally, number of days the 2 (literal) witnesses speak is literal, but the 144,000 is to be interpreted as a spiritual number.
Ellen G. White’s comments about the 144,000 – EGW’s comments
– Adventists teach the wicked dead will be raised from the dead, judged and eventually consumed by fire. – #27 beliefs
This link discusses hell and the lake of fire as the Bible presents them. – hell exists
EGW stressed keeping the Sabbath was most important and was the mark of the true remnant church of Christ. She claims that those that do not observe the Sabbath do not recognize God as Creator and having authority. Instructions from how to dress to how hospital medical procedures should be administered are specified. I never understood why people wouldn’t attend weddings on a Sabbath, but they discourage people marrying on Sabbaths. official instructions The Clear Word Bible was tailored and written to push Sabbath observance back from laws given to Moses to the beginning of creation. The Holy Spirit is the One that seals Christians – not Sabbath keeping (Eph 4:30, Eph 1:13)!
– This link discusses Sabbath observance and Christians. – Christians & sabbath
Other Problems with SDA doctrines or teachings/beliefs of Ellen G. White:
– Ellen White on Tithe (she was against using it for the poor) – link
- She taught not paying tithe will cost you your Heavenly inheritance – teaching
- Are Christians Commanded to Tithe? – Christians & tithing
There are also guidelines in place for clothing & jewelry, dietary guidelines, how to deal with non-sda members, family worship, and school instruction. These “Divine” guidelines have been changed numerous times over the years. Adventists are encouraged to stay within themselves and are given specific topics to study on specific days in conjunction with the teachings of Ellen G. White so everyone believes the exact same thing.
Acts 15:23-29 “23And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. 24Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: 25It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, 26Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 27We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.”
Col 2:16 “16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:” (these are ALL sabbaths – not just seasonal sabbaths)
Again, this is not to strike at those trying to be faithful Christians. Many of my family members are part of this organization. They are sincere about their beliefs; however, being sincere does not equate with being Biblically correct. The teachings of SDAs are far removed from Biblical and historical Christianity. God’s Word has been changed, corrupted and twisted to purposely teach a different gospel. A gospel that doesn’t teach the true Jesus and true Word of God is no gospel at all.
ExAdventist Outreach – link
The Truth About the Seventh-Day Adventist Church – link
support – link
Seventh-Day Adventism: The Spirit Behind the Church – documentary presented with 3rd & 4th generation Adventists